Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Compensation: Based on experience and education level
Travel: Some travel will be required, upto 20% of time in a year.
Job Type: Full-time, One Year Contract (possible extension)
A Project Manager provides essential support to a project, working with the Executive Committee and other team members to achieve project success. Key component of a Project Managers’ roles include administrative and technological skills. The Project Manager will answer directly to a Project Manager and at times, the Executive Committee.
Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The core Project Manager duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Organize Project Meetings
On a regular basis, Project Managers meet with the Director to review progress and to discuss future steps. The Project Manager also arranges meetings with the members of the project and all stakeholders involved. They organize appropriate meeting rooms and any refreshments, contact the attendees and note any who can’t attend. Before the meeting, they send out any relevant information, and they attend each meeting to take minutes.
The Project Managers will be responsible for maintaining crucial project documents which track project progress. They file all project documents in an appropriate database or library, and ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the Project Manager.
Identify Problems or Risks
Being so closely involved in the project, the Project Manager is relied upon to identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project. They communicate these items with the Project Manager, and work to identify potential solutions.
Manage the Schedule
Project Managers closely watch the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task. They check regularly that every deadline is still possible, and report any potential delays to the Project Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage budget for each project working with program manager, meeting manager and Executive Committee.
- Manage and facilitate the flow of essential information among company team members.
- Maintain project calendar and milestones.
- Establish quantitative staffing model used by foundation strategy leaders to describe staffing resource level to execute strategies given their specific execution choices.
- Develop an insightful analytical tool used by strategy owners to inform resource requests, execution decisions, strategy choices and potential needs.
- Assist in the company’s leadership to adapt analytical approach to establish resource need and thoroughly examine alternative execution choices.
- Assist strategy teams in utilization of calibrating inputs and interpreting outputs.
- Provide cross-company analytics to senior management.
- Guide, train and tutor new users on utilization of the program tool
- Identify trends and shifts in execution patterns to inform changes or adjustments to product itself.
- Provide input for development of new resources and features for the product
- Management of clients and stakeholders on a project by project basis
- Interact with developers to develop detailed technical understanding of conceptual structure and functionality of the product.
- Establish and record policies and procedures for maintaining and using product and process, ensuring data integrity and consistent use across the company.
- Establish user’s feedback channels to allow for continual refinement of product and process.
- Update continuously training and user guide information for product and resourcing process.
- Manage, supervise and control multiple projects through project life cycle.
Project Manager Skills (Who We Are Looking For?)
An analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, a successful Project Manager is able to multitask in a high volume, fast-paced work environment. They are team players with a high level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, we are seeking a Project Manager candidate exhibiting the following skills:
- Thorough familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and project scheduling computer applications (Google Docs to be specific)
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently,
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills
Advanced skills: preferred skills that are a plus, but not compulsory.
- Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring
- Ability to work with database applications
- Knowledge of project funding procedures and guidelines.
Please apply here by December 29th, 2019 5pm EAT. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org